School Shootings

• OK, as a Sheriff, I don't give a rats a$$ about politics. My crew has a job to do and they will do it to the best of their ability. They write tickets all the time. Some get called in to me to see if I can "fix" it. I say bull sh*t on that. I'm not one of the good old boys that cover my butt. My question is always, how were you treated on the stop? Every time I'm told that the deputy was very professional. Then suck it up and pay the ticket or fight it in court. As far as a Sheriff losing their job because of an action that a deputy did, is a reach. If a deputy crashes a car, should the Sheriff be fired? If a deputy get a DUI, should the Sheriff get fired? If a deputy get any type of criminal charge, should the sheriff get fired? The first thing I would look at, would be the policies and procedures. What do they show, was the deputy or deputies following directions or just doing whatever? Need more info. If the deputy or deputies were following a direct order of the Sheriff, then yes, he is just as responsible and should step down. But again, need a lot more info then what's out there. My 2 cents!

Your view is worth more like a gazillion dollars.
    Thank you

• OK, as a Sheriff, I don't give a rats a$$ about politics. My crew has a job to do and they will do it to the best of their ability. They write tickets all the time. Some get called in to me to see if I can "fix" it. I say bull sh*t on that. I'm not one of the good old boys that cover my butt. My question is always, how were you treated on the stop? Every time I'm told that the deputy was very professional. Then suck it up and pay the ticket or fight it in court. As far as a Sheriff losing their job because of an action that a deputy did, is a reach. If a deputy crashes a car, should the Sheriff be fired? If a deputy get a DUI, should the Sheriff get fired? If a deputy get any type of criminal charge, should the sheriff get fired? The first thing I would look at, would be the policies and procedures. What do they show, was the deputy or deputies following directions or just doing whatever? Need more info. If the deputy or deputies were following a direct order of the Sheriff, then yes, he is just as responsible and should step down. But again, need a lot more info then what's out there. My 2 cents!

Wanna work on your tan Dean?? I hear there may be an opening in sunny S Florida :00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I think @Slingrazor has hit it. When the Sheriff went political he opened himself up to be cannibalized by other politicians. The sharks are circling....

Give it a bit ..... you are going to find out much more ..... like a history of not making records of calls to the schools or making student arrests that would make the schools look bad .... the state has announced a formal inquiry ....

I thought the idea of removing him was ridiculous until he went on TV with an agenda and purposely left out facts he knew at the time that did not support his views .... was disrespectful to those who did not agree with him ...... he just keeps doing interviews and digging deeper.... he is the one who is directing the focus on him

Come to find out he purposely started a presser early so that it interfered with the Presidents announced address to the nation regarding the shooting ...this really caught the Governor and State Attorney off guard, making them look bad ....gives you a good idea of what he thinks of himself ......

........ bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The first thing I would look at, would be the policies and procedures. What do they show, was the deputy or deputies following directions or just doing whatever? Need more info. If the deputy or deputies were following a direct order of the Sheriff, then yes, he is just as responsible and should step down. But again, need a lot more info then what's out there.

Well said!

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• I just watched the President with the Governors, very interesting. Still looks like some of them still have there head shoved up there ass.

It was interesting to watch some say teachers aren't willing to have guns and others telling how many teachers in their state already are doing it.

• It was interesting to watch some say teachers aren't willing to have guns and others telling how many teachers in their state already are doing it.

The ones that do not want the guns in the schools are the same ones that want the Fed's to pay for making prisons out of their schools. They are just wanting the Federal money to fortify their schools thinking that will cure all of their problems to keep the schools safe. I like what President Trump said, put a sign up out front of each school saying there are armed guards in this school. IMHO

• It was interesting to watch some say teachers aren't willing to have guns and others telling how many teachers in their state already are doing it.

That is just like the number the Dem's keep sprouting about 75% to 90% of the people in the U.S. wanting more gun control, it is according to who is doing the talking as to what number they use.

• I really am sick of all these freakin polls. Like @FunCycle says depends on who you ask. Both the left and right skew these polls to their own interests. Wonder if we will ever get back to hard nosed reporting like Walter Cronkite - the facts / nothing but the facts. We as the American people should not have to “fact check” the news - and even then cannot get a straight answer!

• Ok / got another question to throw out there - Deputy Scot Perterson’s lawyer made a statement today that Mr. Peterson was not a coward and he thought the shots were being fired OUTSIDE the school. I gotta say I think he is gonna have a real hard time selling that. If that was true then why did he retire immediately?? What y’all think???

• Ok / got another question to throw out there - Deputy Scot Perterson’s lawyer made a statement today that Mr. Peterson was not a coward and he thought the shots were being fired OUTSIDE the school. I gotta say I think he is gonna have a real hard time selling that. If that was true then why did he retire immediately?? What y’all think???

Probably wanted to "spend more time with the family."

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• So not to be the raging bitch of the group, but I should probably point out that more than a few of us are being hypocritical here. Every time there has been an officer involved shooting, we as a group say wait for the facts to come out before you make a determination. As soon as it is kids, we jump all over the cop without all the facts. Just saying that those two arguments are a bit ... contradictory... is all.

You know Bill, a lawyer is talking, and you want to trust what he said?? Come on Bill your better than that!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app