Slingshade Now Available

• Well I tried to resist, but after the fine folks at Brewyer Cycles in Henderson NC offered me a substantial discount on the Black Pearl that matches my "16" I went back to the well one more time. With the same paint, I figured it will add to the custom look as well as enhance the lines...installing on Thursday...can't wait!

• My $00.02 on the SlingShade...

I really love the looks of it and was drooling over it until a dealer had one installed and I sat in it.
    Visibility is horrible! The rounded dome which makes it look so nice tucks your head up in it. This really limits your visibility.
    Construction; seems very flimsy, looks like the from supports are sandwiched fiberglass, no metal that I could see. When opening the gull wing you push against 2 magnets that hold it closed in the front and rear. When break thru the resistance of the magnets the wing goes up kind of unexpectedly. When it goes up it seem very flimsy.

Please don't shoot me for my $00.02 because everyone's opinion is different. But I was very disappointed with the SlingShade, but it looks awesome.

PS probably is so flimsy because Polaris has weight restrictions as the manufacturer of the SlingShot that they have to adhere to, but 3rd party integrator s / fabricators do not have that restriction.

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• No apologies necessary my friend. All mods are not for everyone. This is coming from a guy who purchased Corbin bags for the looks and not functionality...same for the Slingshade. I think it looks awesome and even with the discount the price still stinks. But...I have to piss away my kids inheritance on something!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• No apologies necessary my friend. All mods are not for everyone. This is coming from a guy who purchased Corbin bags for the looks and not functionality...same for the Slingshade. I think it looks awesome and even with the discount the price still stinks. But...I have to piss away my kids inheritance on something!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Looks alone, I would buy in a heart beat! I may still, but I want to in person other options. I've seen the Twist Dynamics, I still need to see their gullwing and the Stinger II, I like the fact you can reverse the stinger to open up the cockpit.

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• There is a local person who had the twist canvas and bought the slingshade and installed rode it for 2 days and now its selling the slingshade with hoops and everything for 2300 just to get rid of it.

I don't know him personally and he has not answered any of the "why" questions other than "it sucks" and he is pissed that the dealer didn't want to take it back.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I was torn between this top and the Stinger II. After reading the comments in regards to this shade it may be out of the picture sadly :( I liked that it looked as if it appeared as a seamless installation and easy on the eyes but if it's not truly road worthy--no bueno!

• Well here goes on my unbiased review on the new Slingshade. Keep in mind I am just arriving home after having it installed. I drove top speed 75 miles per hour (not a confession for law enforcement) on the interstate for about 60 minutes and about 30 minutes of urban driving. Now here we go:

Pros:

• Looks. This is an absolutely beautiful top that really compliments the sling. I especially like it for the Black Pearl paint because that give it a stock look.
    • No vibration at high speed...none.
    • Ease of entry and exit. This was a concern for me because of my height (6'4).
    • Less wind into the cockpit. I have an F5 windshield and have only about three inches of gay between the shade and top of windshield. This will be great for winter driving...(see cons below).
    • Less sun obviously.

Cons:

• Less wind into the cockpit. No windshield higher than an F4 is recommended for summer driving. I suggest reverting back to your original windshield for the summer if you still have it.
    • If you are over 6'2" and not wearing a helmet you will be at great risk of severe head trauma if in a crash. Especially if struck from the right side. Your passenger will face similar risk if the sling is struck from the left. This is because the center beam is low and has sharp edges. Wearing a helmet will mitigate the risk significantly.
    • Price. Unless you have a second cousin named Vido you will have to dig deep for this top. I received a great discount from the dealer however that was completely wiped away because new roll hoops are required for slings older than 2017. These hoops cost $448.00 each....yep, that right...$448.00 each. Nicely, my dealer did not want to see me walk away and made me an offer I simply could not refuse.
    • Visibility. I immediately missed the openness of the Sling and my first thoughts were "Why didn't I wait until after the drive to the mountains for the colors in October? Rear visibility is somewhat hampered however I have the convex mirrors from Slingmods installed on the sides and feel OK about this concern. Because of my height, I cannot see traffic lights when stopped and have to tilt my head to see through the roof or bend forward to see under the front edge...a minor inconvenience.
    • Plastic...plastic...plastic. Need I say more?

Well there you go. With all this said, would I purchase again? Absolutely...love the slingshade!

• For those who may be contemplating Corbins...buyer beware! The latches are simply piss poor. I "wear" the bags simply for aesthetics. No practical use what-so-ever use unless you don't mind losing a bottle of your best scotch on a twistie.