Track Day Roebling Road Raceway (Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

1135 Roebling Road Bloomingdale, GA 31302

Participants

7 participants, 55 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Oct 31st 2017, 11:00 pm
  • @'MACAWS what is the possibility of arrive and drive. i cannot make any plans because of taking care of my elderly dad.

Good to go
    He said they will hold registration open and we can squeeze a few more in that day.
    Just make sure you are there early before track overview

Hope to see you there

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You all should have received an email from the organizer today with the schedule for track day
    If for any reason you did not receive it I have posted it below

Hello Slingshot Participants:

I hope you are excited about our upcoming track day at Roebling Road in historic Savannah, GA. Laura Hayes and myself have organized these days for some our of good friends and customers for the last several years. It is a very laid back day with little structure but has given our friends the opportunity to drive their street/race cars without the fear of numerous cars on the track. Mitch Saccoccio, who is your contact, contacted me thru a mutual friend several months ago in hopes that you guys could join us.
    At any rate, the Slingshot concept is new to me and I look forward to seeing you guys on the track. There will be no technical inspection on my part but that can be coordinated thru Mitch. In short, I am only providing you guys some track time during the day. This will be your time to do as you please as long as the rules of the track are met.
    With all of this said, Laura and I have raced for many years and happy to share our knowledge with anyone that request it. We both are full-time instructors for BMW of North America. Roebling Road is a great track with a lot of run off areas which makes it very friendly to the novice driving enthusiast. Of all the tracks we race at, I think Roebling has the fastest average lap speed! All corners are very fast, long and sweeping. We have three passing zones on each of the three straights. The first one is coming out of Turn 2 and prior to the next left hand corner (T3).The 2nd passing zone is on the exit of Turn 7 and prior to the entrance of pit lane. The 3rd zone is just after pit lane entrance leading onto the front straight. You always pass on the side of the car that is the direction of the next corner. Out of T2, you would pass on the left of the car you are passing. At T7 and T8, you would pass to the right of the car you are passing.Remember...it is ALWAYS (with NO exceptions) the overtaking driver's responsibility to make a clean pass. We are not racing and if you are patient....the next passing zone will arrive soon! Keep in mind, this is a long day with plenty of track time. Stay hydrated and be cognizant of driver fatigue. When we make most of our mistakes is at the end of the day. As always, safety is at the top of the list!
    (Passing Zones:https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfro…0/original.jpg?1496167377)
    Below is our tentative schedule:
    7:00:Track Open
    7:15 - 7:45:Track Overview with Laura Hayes and Donnie Isley (totally optional. Be at the exit of pit-out in your vehicle. We will drive to key corners to get out and talk about these corners)
    7:45-8:00:Driver's Meeting
    --The top of every hour until half past: Open track for Cars --Half past until 50 minutes past the hour:Slingshots (20 minutes)
    --50 past until Top of the Hour: Open Wheel (10 minutes)
    12:00 - 1:00:Lunch Break
    1:00:The track day resumes.
    5:00:Track shuts down.
    There is an event on Sunday, 12/3.If you arrive at the track prior to it closing, I think it would be possible for you to drop off a trailer. After hours, you would need to drop it in the unsecured parking area to the right of the track entrance.Looking forward to meeting each of you for a fun day.
    Donnie Isley and Laura Hayes
    The Experts in Trailer Security:www.sleepercellalarm.com

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ill be planning my trip down based off when most think they will be going on Sunday. Who wants to meet up outside of Atlanta and head down?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Hey guys..... I am sorry to have to say this, but I will not be able to attend the track day event. I found out wednesday that my doctor will not release me to do this style of event this soon after my surgery. I'm assuming that I will not be able to get a refund on the entry fee, so I am hoping somebody who has been sitting on the fence would like to purchase my entry?

I am willing to take 1/2 price for it, that is assuming that the track management will allow me to transfer my entry to someone else. @MACAWS, do you know whom I should contact about that? I am really sorry that I'm going to miss out on this, especially since so many of you that are going came to the original SS track day 2 years ago and I was looking forward to re-matches, but I understand that my health has to be first in my mind right now.

• Hey guys..... I am sorry to have to say this, but I will not be able to attend the track day event. I found out wednesday that my doctor will not release me to do this style of event this soon after my surgery. I'm assuming that I will not be able to get a refund on the entry fee, so I am hoping somebody who has been sitting on the fence would like to purchase my entry?

I am willing to take 1/2 price for it, that is assuming that the track management will allow me to transfer my entry to someone else. @MACAWS, do you know whom I should contact about that? I am really sorry that I'm going to miss out on this, especially since so many of you that are going came to the original SS track day 2 years ago and I was looking forward to re-matches, but I understand that my health has to be first in my mind right now.

Your health is most definitely a priority
    Try emailing Donnie - his contact info was on the sign in page
    Guess I will have to wait until Ocala to see your Honda Power

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• One of the writers for S3 have a SlingShot this weekend and will be up in the GA mountains with it. Unfortunately I'm down in Orlando at the moment. I did offer him an open seat and invite to the event as well. Hope he writes a positive article.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• One of the writers for S3 have a SlingShot this weekend and will be up in the GA mountains with it. Unfortunately I'm down in Orlando at the moment. I did offer him an open seat and invite to the event as well. Hope he writes a positive article.

If you need anything while in Orlando I'm 20 minutes away... ask Mitch!