Spray bombs

• Thanks Painter, could you put me in the ballpark on what it would cost to have a body guy paint the rear fender...black and titanium?

That is a good question and one I am totally unable to answer. Body shops are all over the board on prices!
    Questions: Where are you located? How soon do you intend to do this? Do you have a shop close by to get an estimate?

• Thanks Painter, could you put me in the ballpark on what it would cost to have a body guy paint the rear fender...black and titanium?

Keep in mind it's your sling and your designs. You can powder coat a fender black on a titanium sling and add a stripe or splash of color on that fender and it'll look stellar.

• Went to the local paint store and ordered my spray bombs in titanium....they used the photograph from painter to make them...also bought the undercoating, clear coat, flat black and some sandpaper..$131. This includes two titanium spray bombs..

• Well, the painting isn't going real well, did the undercoating and washed and sanded the fender....applied the plastic primer, two coats....now I don't know if it's the primer wasn't dry enough or the humidity is too high outside or my trigger finger is too heavy but I ended up with some runs on the first coat....so I'm waiting until tomorrow to wet sand the first coat to remove the runs....then I'll wash it again and apply the second coat of color..lightly

• Thanks painter.... well I had to touch up a corner where the color must have been really thin....halfway through the painting I noticed that the sprayer hole must have partially clogged or something because it started to splatter the paint..so it looks like the paint is speckled some....it would spray then wouldn't spray...one of those that has a glass bottle on the bottom of a minature spray can. There was paint leaking out of the connection between the bottle and the can...don't know if there was a gasket missing or it was coming out of a breather hole... Total cluster.....I would have rather spent the extra money to get a spray bomb...they were trying to save me money.

Anyway the paint is smooth now and ready for clear...after I feather the touched up spot...with 1200

Painting sucks unless you have all the proper equipment and lighting and ventilation and spray booth..and patience required to do all the meticulous work required to have a professional finish.

From now on I'll only be driving at night...LOL

• So... I assume you've painted and clear coated the entire piece and now you want to add another color.

If you tape off an area on the clear, scuff inside that area then paint and clear it you will surely get a tape "hump"!

Situations like this called for taping the base coat after a couple of hours, spraying the second color, remove tape, take your finger and rub the edge to remove loose build up and then clear over all.
    To reduce the tape "edge" really will require wet sanding the whole piece and then doing the above. If not, you will have the edge hump!