Giving some serious consideration to a "Little Guy MyPod Max" Camper

• So, the way I am looking at it, if this machine can handle this unit, then the Sling will have no issues.

Little Guy Worldwide

Does anyone have any experience with these units? Shape & design wise, they seem like the perfect fit for the Slingshot.

Have one just like this black one sitting at a local dealer. Going to head in next stretch of days off and see how it fits behind the Sling and see if he'll let me give it a test tow.

Love the look, will add pics when hooked up.

• Yeah, I've followed your pics and without doubt that is a sweet setup.

However, last year we got caught in hail once. We were close to a town, and got under some shelter quick enough, but it gave me the thought.....what if we were an hour from somewhere....

I am currently building a teardrop camper for my wife to have for behind the SUV. However, I know it will be too heavy for the Sling. So I am thinking this would be a perfect fit.

My wife loves your unit as well, but the enclosed unit has her eye more.

• @Bigdog - my wife and I discussed these enclosed trailers yesterday and we had the same concern - heat and how to cool them (is an AC unit an option?). The model at Maggie Valley had a lot of screen mesh with zip up panels. But it is camping, and trying to stay cool, warm, and dry is always a consideration.

• That black camper will be like a microwave oven.....you'll be a baked potato in no time...that's why 99.9% are white...

@Bigdog - my wife and I discussed these enclosed trailers yesterday and we had the same concern - heat and how to cool them (is an AC unit an option?). The model at Maggie Valley had a lot of screen mesh with zip up panels. But it is camping, and trying to stay cool, warm, and dry is always a consideration.

These units have A/C. It's why we're considering it to be honest, lol. Without A/C, I'd rather just tent it.

• These units have A/C. It's why we're considering it to be honest, lol. Without A/C, I'd rather just tent it.

$9,600.00 is around 90 nights at a comfort in with an air conditioner and a shower. That is about 12 years of vacation for some. I'd do it in a heartbeat.... my wife thinks camping out is comfort inn and not holiday inn...

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Yeah, we enjoy camping, and this looks to be an easy fit to allow both the Sling and camping to join together.

Right now, we have a tent tucked into the trailer. But....that ground seems to have gotten harder over the years, and all that global warming stuff just screams A/C comfort as being required, lol.

I could never be one of those "Greyhound Campers" type of guys. Good god, if I wanted to buy a $100 000 + home, I wouldn't put it on wheels, lol.

• unfortunately they sold their last MyPod so no pics yet.

Might end up going to a different camper if the wife gets her way. May need to invest in the Wyked Hitch, lol

• *When the wife gets her way...
    There, fixed it for you...

LOL, you're not wrong.

Until this thing is paid for... 3 years 10 months..... not that I am counting, lol ..... then she is using the Sling to pretty much have Carte Blanche on what she wants, lol.

Yeah, if we can afford it, I'll cave for sure, lol.

• I have been looking at these for a couple years and thinking about getting it to travel this summer and hit several national parks out west that have camping hookup. If it starts to rain just find a place to park it and wait out the rain.

• I used the little Buddy propane heater in Daytona , heats it all night long on low setting , just go to the Sylvan sport. Forums lots of good ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• The Sylvan sport forums go into great detail on options for portable heating and air conditioning devices along with solar power , the load carrying options and capacity of the Go trailer allows multipurpose usage for my Jeep Wrangler and my Slingshot or even a small 4 cylinder car to haul some 800 lbs in cargo

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• $9,600.00 is around 90 nights at a comfort in with an air conditioner and a shower. That is about 12 years of vacation for some. I'd do it in a heartbeat.... my wife thinks camping out is comfort inn and not holiday inn...

I've researched a lot of portable A/C and heating devices on the web , solar power and camping gear for cooking , showering etc works great with the SS , REI and Cabelas have great accessories but the Sylvan Sport owners forums provided the best source for the amazing possibilities and conversions

• Check out icybreeze.com and Ryobi sells a similar model at Home Depot 18v or 110 v option portable cooler air conditioner