Fuses and relays

• After much research I have a list of the Polaris part numbers and what they do. This is for my 2015.
    This fuse box is right behind the battery in plain sight The cover is removed

The top 50 amp fuse. #4013892 is the Chassis Main
    The middle one same number is for the ABS Motor
    The bottom 40 amp fuse. # 4013891 is the Engine Main

The main fuse box under the hood in front of firewall on drivers side.

Four rows of square relays. There is a placement diagram under the fuse box lid.

Using the diagram for correct location.
    9-Relays #4011238 feed the
    Power train
    Fuel pump
    Cooling fan
    Starter
    Fog lights
    Accessories
    Turn signals
    Horn
    E Pass

2-Relays #4016186 number has changed to #4016819
    These relays feed
    Primary lights
    Aux lights
    C
    Next row of tall breakers part numbers
    10 amp #2434016 this number is for a mini fuse not the 10 amp breaker
    BREAKER, CIRCUIT, 10AMP

20 amp #4011372. This number could be changed by Polaris
    30Amp #2434015. This number is for a mini fuse not the 30 amp breaker ...the correct number is
    BREAKER, CIRCUIT, 30 AMP, MINI

Of all the items listed my dealer had one relay on stock. I plan on carrying one of each of these on my bike and if you need one in an emergency don't count on the dealer to have it. Some relays are over $10 each. So plan accordingly. One of each will be in the $50-60 range. This doesn't count the mini fuses.

Edited once, last by Bigdog: Correction ().

• Talked to my dealer yesterday and many of the fuses I ordered still haven't arrived yet....good thing I ordered them as a prevention item and not a necessity or I would be walking not riding....take this time delay as a warning to get them before you need them...

• Update:

Just came back from my dealer to drop off the SS for a warranty issue and while I was there to pick up my fuse order...

So all of the fuses are not there yet...and some of the fuses they ordered WRONG and he insisted I ordered a 10 & 30 mini fuse which were actually supposed to be the 10 & 30 tall breakers that are in the fuse box...I gave up arguing about it and paid almost $5 for those two standard mini fuses which come with your owners manual.....not happy.....then we ordered the correct breakers which cost just south of $40 for both....

Just another reminder. If it was an emergency and I could not run without these items I would still be walking....the dealer/s...at least mine doesn't think these things go bad or they are something they need to stock....order and buy them now before you need them....it might take you a month or so...to get the wrong ones...

• Look at my original post at the top of the page...most of these aren't simple mini fuses ...there are breakers and relays too...some 1/2" square relays....some one inch tall breakers....and dealers don't stock them....the breakers are about $15 each...

And Polaris has or the suppliers have changed many of the original I D numbers of these and they get cross referenced and then the parts guy gets you the wrong parts...

I want to have one of everything just in case and seeing how long it takes to get the right parts....I think I'm doing the right thing by getting them before I need them.

• Sometimes you post something... Just to post something... Oops I did it too @WraithSS... :P

Just teasing ya @Bigdog! ;)

I'm running the same set that came with the Slingshot. Might be the only factory part left but they have lasted 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Do you know when you'll trip a breaker in your house? So how do you know when one will trip in your SS... If you read what each fuse, rely and breaker controls...some could be critical in getting to safety.... The last thing I want is to be stuck on some back road at 2AM because of a blown fuse I don't have with me. Do you think someone could come along that just might want your sweet looking ride by hook or by crook?

I originally ordered these about 3 weeks ago and they still didn't get some or got the numbers wrong and had to be reordered today. A month waiting for a blown fuse replacement isn't exactly what I consider being prepared. And for the parts and service department it doesn't say much about customer service.....it wouldn't kill the dealer to have one of each on stock...

I'm also not happy about a 7-10 day wait for my steering box to be replaced under Warranty ..I'm assuming they have to take off the old one and ship it to Polaris so they can get a new one under warranty...if they know there were problems with these 2015 steering boxes, which I was told....I shouldn't have to wait that long for a warranty replacement part to be looked over by Polaris... One should have been sent to the dealer upon request....the dealer told me they have to run all kinds of diagnostics before Polaris will ship one...total BS for a known two year old recall problem...

• Do you know when you'll trip a breaker in your house? So how do you know when one will trip in your SS... If you read what each fuse, rely and breaker controls...some could be critical in getting to safety.... The last thing I want is to be stuck on some back road at 2AM because of a blown fuse I don't have with me. Do you think someone could come along that just might want your sweet looking ride by hook or by crook?

I originally ordered these about 3 weeks ago and they still didn't get some or got the numbers wrong and had to be reordered today. A month waiting for a blown fuse replacement isn't exactly what I consider being prepared. And for the parts and service department it doesn't say much about customer service.....it wouldn't kill the dealer to have one of each on stock...

I'm also not happy about a 7-10 day wait for my steering box to be replaced under Warranty ..I'm assuming they have to take off the old one and ship it to Polaris so they can get a new one under warranty...if they know there were problems with these 2015 steering boxes, which I was told....I shouldn't have to wait that long for a warranty replacement part to be looked over by Polaris... One should have been sent to the dealer upon request....the dealer told me they have to run all kinds of diagnostics before Polaris will ship one...total BS for a known two year old recall problem...

Totally get your frustration. It's happened to all of us at one time or another. If you're the type of guy that's got extra fuses and relays for all of your vehicles and you carry them with you all the time more power to you. 7 to 10 days for a warranty replacement is nothing check out some of the folks that have to have their airbags replaced that have been waiting for months. It sucks and there is no excuse for it but it is what it is. Hang in there chin up Let the wind blow through your hair drive it like you stole it have some fun