2018 S model purchase price

• Now your talking. This gives you time and options. Right now you may not think you need time, you know what you want, all you need is a good price and color options and you'd be right to an extent. Please allow me to elaborate. Getting you first SS can be a lot like when you learned your wife was pregnant with your first child. You know there is a new baby coming and now you have time to prepare for it. Will it be parked inside or outside? If it's outside you'll want a good cover for it. If it's inside you may still want a dust cover for it. There will be times that you'll need to get underneath it to change oil among other things so how are you going to lift it? I read of one owner that doesn't do his own oil changes. He takes it to the local quick change and pulls just the front end over their pit and they do it for him. Oh and lets not forget all the mods your going to want to do. If you know ABSOLUTELY for sure any mods that you are going to do then you can go ahead and start ordering those. Most but not all parts will swap between the model years without a problem but do your research to be sure. It'll be a lot like when you knew that child was coming and didn't know if it was to be a boy or girl so you went ahead and purchased the things that you knew you were going to need that could be used for either. Some folks are going to tell you to wait until you get your SS and put some miles on it before deciding on any mods and that is good advice unless you are for sure about some things you want. Myself, I knew for sure there were lots of things that I wanted to change and set about ordering thousands of dollars of mods while awaiting delivery of the SS. Up until yesterday I hadn't taken off or changed a single mod/addition that I originally ordered. Yesterday I decided I wanted to try something different with my exhaust. Moral to this story is, you know it's coming so if there is anything you are positive that you want to put on it as soon as you take possession of it you now have the time to shop the best prices and options and have it in hand when the time comes! Enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time to talk me off the ledge, I'm really not into mods just like the stock S model, I'm sure that will change :D. I don't have a garage to store it so that is an issue come winter. I was very surprised to see online that all of the used 2015-17 models are still so expensive. Also surprised there were virtually no used SS anywhere in my vicinity, everything was out of state.

• Thank you for taking the time to talk me off the ledge, I'm really not into mods just like the stock S model, I'm sure that will change :D. I don't have a garage to store it so that is an issue come winter. I was very surprised to see online that all of the used 2015-17 models are still so expensive. Also surprised there were virtually no used SS anywhere in my vicinity, everything was out of state.

“Local” used Slings are a rare breed. We went over 2,000 miles away to take delivery on an exceptional, highly loved ‘15 Sling. It was one of the best moves I’ve made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Slingshot Motorcycles For Sale - Motorcycle Sales - CycleTrader.com

Copy and paste that into the address bar and spend a while looking to see what is out there and at what price. That will give you a good idea of what you should expect to pay. If you see something you like then figure in what it would cost you to travel to pick it up. Often times there may be someone from this forum that is close enough to go by and take a look at it for you and take any specific pictures that you would want taken. I feel like we were fortunate to be able to buy new and at a reasonable price close to home(1hr). Looking back I'm not sure I wouldn't have been better off to buy used and use the money saved to buy the mods that I wanted but then again I actually wanted the upgrades that came with the one that I bought and those upgrades were not available on an older model. It sounds to me like you may not be into doing much modding in the beginning and that's a good thing and will likely save you some money. Once you get your SS and spend some time with it you may then decide there are some things you want. Good luck in your search and if you happen to find one within a couple hundred miles of me that you are interested in and would like for me to give it a look then give me a shout. We are always looking for an excuse to ride somewhere. There is always a great place to eat somewhere close by, everywhere in the South.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Slingshot Motorcycles For Sale - Motorcycle Sales - CycleTrader.com

Copy and paste that into the address bar and spend a while looking to see what is out there and at what price. That will give you a good idea of what you should expect to pay. If you see something you like then figure in what it would cost you to travel to pick it up. Often times there may be someone from this forum that is close enough to go by and take a look at it for you and take any specific pictures that you would want taken. I feel like we were fortunate to be able to buy new and at a reasonable price close to home(1hr). Looking back I'm not sure I wouldn't have been better off to buy used and use the money saved to buy the mods that I wanted but then again I actually wanted the upgrades that came with the one that I bought and those upgrades were not available on an older model. It sounds to me like you may not be into doing much modding in the beginning and that's a good thing and will likely save you some money. Once you get your SS and spend some time with it you may then decide there are some things you want. Good luck in your search and if you happen to find one within a couple hundred miles of me that you are interested in and would like for me to give it a look then give me a shout. We are always looking for an excuse to ride somewhere. There is always a great place to eat somewhere close by, everywhere in the South.

Thank you! I found this one in NJ. I may check it out. 2017 Slingshot SLINGSHOT S, Point Pleasant NJ - - Cycletrader.com

• I flew to West Palm Beach FL for a great deal on a 15 for @HeRSling last summer. 2800 miles and most of the mods one would want. Didn’t stop Patti though. She had it painted by St. Painter and then started adding more stuff. New seats, DDM sway bar and coolant tank, wheels, and she’s thinking about a supercharger like mine.

• Now your talking. This gives you time and options. Right now you may not think you need time, you know what you want, all you need is a good price and color options and you'd be right to an extent. Please allow me to elaborate. Getting you first SS can be a lot like when you learned your wife was pregnant with your first child. You know there is a new baby coming and now you have time to prepare for it. Will it be parked inside or outside? If it's outside you'll want a good cover for it. If it's inside you may still want a dust cover for it. There will be times that you'll need to get underneath it to change oil among other things so how are you going to lift it? I read of one owner that doesn't do his own oil changes. He takes it to the local quick change and pulls just the front end over their pit and they do it for him. Oh and lets not forget all the mods your going to want to do. If you know ABSOLUTELY for sure any mods that you are going to do then you can go ahead and start ordering those. Most but not all parts will swap between the model years without a problem but do your research to be sure. It'll be a lot like when you knew that child was coming and didn't know if it was to be a boy or girl so you went ahead and purchased the things that you knew you were going to need that could be used for either. Some folks are going to tell you to wait until you get your SS and put some miles on it before deciding on any mods and that is good advice unless you are for sure about some things you want. Myself, I knew for sure there were lots of things that I wanted to change and set about ordering thousands of dollars of mods while awaiting delivery of the SS. Up until yesterday I hadn't taken off or changed a single mod/addition that I originally ordered. Yesterday I decided I wanted to try something different with my exhaust. Moral to this story is, you know it's coming so if there is anything you are positive that you want to put on it as soon as you take possession of it you now have the time to shop the best prices and options and have it in hand when the time comes! Enjoy!

Thank you! I found a 2017 S for $17,000. Have to travel about 3 hours. Anything I should be aware of with the 2017 model?

• cool..3 hours drive and you save 3000 and a dealer who really does not know how to sell loses a deal...I like it.

Welcome to the SS family. If you never drove an SS before or not many miles I would say first make sure those mirrors are setup right. You do NOT turn the black part but you press on the mirror.

let us know about the pickup and the ride back.

• They all make you want to spend money on mods.

Ha! I'm not big into mods, YET.

cool..3 hours drive and you save 3000 and a dealer who really does not know how to sell loses a deal...I like it.

Welcome to the SS family. If you never drove an SS before or not many miles I would say first make sure those mirrors are setup right. You do NOT turn the black part but you press on the mirror.

let us know about the pickup and the ride back.

I'm actually going back to the dealer tonight so my wife can actually see how the 2018 rides. I'm asking one more time for OTD price of $18,000 then walking.

• @highiso, I have a 17 and the only thing about it is some minor changes in the frame and the headlight assembly. To put the extra headlights in you have to buy a complete assembly and the strut for the DDM extended hood hinges will not attach yet. They are working on an adapter. Everything else is basically the same.

• On Monday I took a friend for a ride, he loved it so we stopped by the local dealer. He put money down in a "used" 17 SLR with 2300 miles. $19,000 Plus $50 for fees and processing. There are good deals out there. Be patient and shop around.

• I flew to West Palm Beach FL for a great deal on a 15 for @HeRSling last summer. 2800 miles and most of the mods one would want. Didn’t stop Patti though. She had it painted by St. Painter and then started adding more stuff. New seats, DDM sway bar and coolant tank, wheels, and she’s thinking about a supercharger like mine.

Question on the painting. Did they have to disassemble all of the body panels or did they paint it as is? I am looking at doing a full paint job and was wondering what was entailed so I could get some quotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @brireeves629, body panels need to come off to do it right. Not a hard job. Two people could take off all the panels you need to paint in about an hour.
    Jim Hutchinson has a bunch of videos on YouTube that show how to remove the panels. Here is a link to #1: https://youtu.be/CkGAyurXiRc
    He has videos for every section. Pulling panels is pretty easy but you need to be careful with some of the parts (hood panels in particular) since they are plastic and replacements aren’t cheap.

• Thank you! I found a 2017 S for $17,000. Have to travel about 3 hours. Anything I should be aware of with the 2017 model?

Glad to see others have chimed in to help you with any issues concerning the 17' SS's. I own an 18' and don't have any particular knowledge of the 17's worthy of mentioning. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure if there are any recalls that affect that particular SS make sure they have been addressed. Make sure it has a clear title, not rebuilt or salvage. Good luck with your purchase regardless of which one you end up with.

Hopefully you have a strong marriage because having an SS is like having a mistress on the side only it lives with you. Don't let your wife catch you out sitting in it late and nite caressing it's curves! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868