Puddle Lights

• May not be calling them the correct term, but have searched this forum and couldn't find help that I am looking for. I am sure someone has experience with this.

I am dealing with an individual who is going to make me some custom puddle lights. They project an image onto the ground when switched on. I would like to mount them on the underside of the mirror to project on the ground directly below them on each side of the Slingshot.

My questions are:
    1. When drilling into the mirror housing, is anything inside that I could damage?
    2. Is there a way to remove mirror housing from support arm? I looked it over pretty good and I may be blind, but couldn't see a way.
    3. Lastly, can the mirror be removed to make running wires easier?

I know this may seem kind of simple to some, but I get a little weirded out when drilling on the Sling!!! Any help would be appreciated and Thanks In Advance!!

CDCAMEL6

• DDMWorks was working on some puddle lights that haven't made it to market - I'm sure their time has been eaten up with the Lone Wolf and the great White Beast

I would love to have a set of these - just haven't found the right ones for the Slingshot

• I have these on my Sling. Mounted them in the rear to project the "Bat Signal" down on the ground when the signals are activated.

They burnt out in a year.... but they looked cool as hell when they worked

• If you push the mirror face inward at the edges you should be able to just see the two mounting screws to remove the mirrors from the arms. The early SS have torx head screws. Later models have Phillips head. A flex driver will make removal easier.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Here are mine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• My "Puddle Lights" were delivered to me on Saturday evening. I have yet to install them, but was glad to see that it is a fairly easy install. @Tech_Rick put out some awesome instructions on how to make this happen!!! I have a right and a left facing Camel to install on the appropriate sides of the Slingshot!!! Now I just have to get off my lazy ass to make this happen!!! My guess it is about a 6-pack install!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• My "Puddle Lights" were delivered to me on Saturday evening. I have yet to install them, but was glad to see that it is a fairly easy install. @Tech_Rick put out some awesome instructions on how to make this happen!!! I have a right and a left facing Camel to install on the appropriate sides of the Slingshot!!! Now I just have to get off my lazy ass to make this happen!!! My guess it is about a 6-pack install!!!

How do you get custom designs?

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• How do you get custom designs?

SSreaper

Got these from http://www.mrkustom.com. 2 different grades of lights. The more expensive ones are for when you intend to leave the lights on for extended periods of time. They will not fade out over time. The regular ones are intended for being on just a few seconds. Like having a car door open. A friend of mine has a "show car". They are on for hours at a time. He has had them on there for a couple of years. His still look great. Bright lights and vivid color.