blue tooth help

• im so glad i joined this forum i hate to keep asking questions but that's how you learn the ins and outs .this one has really got me frustrated hope u guys can help .how in the hell do you get your phone to work with this ss blue tooth? i have a android it connected to the ss just fine problem is when i go to use it it says headset not connected .what headset????? the book isn't clear on this i have a bluetooth headset that is connected to my phone but the thing still says need to connect headset. it looks like to me in the book only i phones will work with the SS is this the case? this was one of the determining factors on purchasing this unit other than its so cool .and what a blast to drive .hopefully some of you can get me on the right track ..and a personal invite if you get to the smokey mountains let me know i live on top of a mountain outside Gatlinburg a lot of great rides around here like the tail of the dragon cant hardly wait till summer or the temps get warm enough to ride .summer is going to be fun just don't know which i will spend more time with my jet skis or SS guess ill just have to divide my time between them

• My first SS was a 15, wife has a 15, and I now have a 17. Don't believe its possible to connect the phone portion other than the music. Tried more than one headset connected to phone and that was very inconvenient. Don't believe there is a mic with the stock radio anyway. On rare occasions we wear helmets and have Sena systems in them. Buying a new double din head unit, either Kenwood or Pioneer. Don't know if the new system Polaris has will work with a phone or not but not paying that kind of price for their system.

• you can connect but there is no external microphone on the Slingshot so you will be able to listen to the caller but not respond (well you can respond but they can't hear you which is really like marriage and parenting) which could be interesting in stop-and-go traffic if you run a phone sex line

Best to use the Bluetooth for music only

• you can connect but there is no external microphone on the Slingshot so you will be able to listen to the caller but not respond (well you can respond but they can't hear you which is really like marriage and parenting) which could be interesting in stop-and-go traffic if you run a phone sex line

Best to use the Bluetooth for music only

What Ross said. I have an Android phone, and I use the Bluetooth every day to listen to Pandora. If you want to make calls, recommend you get yourself a good headset and hook that up with Bluetooth. We have two of the SPH10, and we love them.

As far as hooking up the phone to the SS, I don't remember all the steps, but I used the manual step by step, and it worked fine.

• Ok guys one of our own needs help. Im brain dead today so im sharing his Question
    Thanks guys!
    Morning Al, hope this finds you ready to ride, supposed to be great weather for a couple days.

Couple questions regarding bluetooth with factory radio. I saw you had posted a while back on this, thought maybe you had it working.

We have Sena 10s helmet radios, supposed to be 2 channel, with intercom. What does the factory radio support?
    I had phone connected direct to driver headset, and driver headset device active on SS radio. But Donna's helmet won't get radio from SS.
    Recently I lost the phone access to headset, it says it connects, then seems to drop as something else takes its place.
    Want headset to connect to SS radio for music only, phone direct to headset (not via SS radio) and Zumo GPS. I unpaired everything, did factory reset on Sena, updated firmware on Sena, but still can't get what I'm looking for.

Am I asking the SS radio (connect music via bluetooth to BOTH sena headsets) to do something it can't do? It has pairing for driver and passenger, thats why I thought it supported both devices.

@Ross.... @rabtech@flipr

• Reference "Ok guys one of our own needs help. Im brain dead today so im sharing his Question
    Thanks guys!
    Morning Al, hope this finds you ready to ride, supposed to be great weather for a couple days.

It has been a while since I've worked to connect Sena's in a complicated fashion like above.....so I do not have the complete process in mind. A couple of things I remember though. First, the Senas can connect it varying profiles to different devices, and the right profile is very important. If you use the wrong one, can have disconnect issues or can't connect other items. Second, I've had some luck sharing music between two Sena headsets vice connecting each straight to a radio. See the link below to do so......

My old setup was on a BMW 1600 GTL.....worst bluetooth I've ever seen. If you search their forums, there are suggestions on how (what profile) to set the Senas......took many many iterations to get working. Sorry I do not have an answer, but may be a source to look.

• @KayTwo ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey, fellas. Sorry I'm a little late to this thread. Been a busy 24 hrs.

So, I will tell you up front that I only know what the manual says. We only have our headsets set up as the personal intercom. I also have mine set to my phone for calls. I did not bother to try to set the headsets to both accept the stock radio. With what little I know about Bluetooth and how it works in other vehicles, I would be very surprised if there is a capability to feed both headsets from a single source at once.

If I have time this weekend, I'll give it a try, and let everyone know what I find out.

• Kaytwo, I believe you are correct, but a nice feature of Sena is the ability to share music....so one headset to the stereo, then it shares with the second headset. Not a perfect solution, but has worked for me in the past.

VR

• I figured out my issue on the Sena headsets, and Sling radio. There is a music sharing feature that I would 'accidently' activate, which is why sometimes passenger had music, and sometimes not.

I have my phone added to sling as 'driver device'
    Only have driver headset paired to sling.
    Have GPS paired direct to driver Sena helmet, as a second phone.

Once sling is running, and headsets are live with Sling, listen to music on drivers headset.
    Then tap jog dial to enter intercom mode. when intercom is connected proceed to next step.
    Then HOLD the jog dial for 1 second, and that turns on music sharing.
    Tap jog dial to exit intercom, and both headsets should play radio/USB device.
    I have android phone so voice dialing doesn't work real well, but at least now passenger has music. I can choose phone call on phone, and when dialed it transfers to my headset as handsfree.

Intercom works as normal, interrupts music. GPS is only heard in drivers helmet for the turn by turn directions.
    Fingers crossed it keeps working this way.
    FIgured it out Friday night at midnight in the garage, also found a short video on Sena website after 'music sharing' search.

Thanks to all who read my efforts, and Al for posting .

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

Edited once, last by flipr ().