Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL (Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00pm)

Date

Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL

Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00 pm

1201 NE 77th St, Ocala, FL 34479, USA

Participants

0 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am
  • They give both. I am consistently 109 to 111 mph in the 1/4 mile...

I think my biggest thing is the huge +3" windshield and the little wind deflectors on each side...

Mark came prepared. He didn't even have a seat cushion in his seat so he would sit lower in the cockpit. He had a little bubble windshield on his side. And no mirrors. He even pulled the hood scoop off his.

I left all my stuff on and kept my speakers and radio in. The last 2 runs I pulled my front speaker pods and radio. I still have amps and 12" subs. And each storage container is lined with dynamat and the storage bins are covered with 1/2" plywood. And I weight 375 pounds.

I have some new data today for my transmission. I just need it to hold 3rd and 4th a little longer.

We will see today...

• With the HP for them listed at 300, that would be their base SC unit.

The short of it, Dave at DDM was not the Fastest..... Guess who was, and I still mowed the "grass" for everybody there running a SlingShot.... oops, I mean "ASS"! and I might have been one too!

And here is the video of @rabtech "beating" me to the line! posting ALL six of my slips in just a bit, and I beat him in the Quarter mile as well!

• Yes Dave was testing his BorgWarner EFR liquid and oil cooled turbo setup...

He has kept the HP and Torque a secret. But I can tell you it was really doing a good job on that stock engine....

Im going to sleep now. I'll let y all know after each run tomorrow how im doing....

So happy the news is finally out. I can't wait to see the numbers of the final product. I know it will be up to his high standards and the best turbo set up available.

• The short of it, Dave at DDM was not the Fastest..... Guess who was, and I still mowed the "grass" for everybody there running a SlingShot.... oops, I mean "ASS"! and I might have been one too!

And here is the video of @rabtech "beating" me to the line! posting ALL six of my slips in just a bit, and I beat him in the Quarter mile as well!

Pretty interesting that 2 completely different setups are running so close.
    I guess you can cram all the hp you want and strip off as any parts as possible but the limitation is still there.
    Congrats to @StickerDick for the first round of speed wins.
    Can't wait to see what today brings.
    Be Safe

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Pretty interesting that 2 completely different setups are running so close.I guess you can cram all the hp you want and strip off as any parts as possible but the limitation is still there.
    Congrats to @StickerDick for the first round of speed wins.
    Can't wait to see what today brings.
    Be Safe

Wow - that was a nice Run!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

I kinda expected to see completely stripped down Slingshots ... only keeping what is needed to get it down the track and retain some form of frontal aero ....

Kinda surprised everyone showed up as they did .....

....... :|

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Take a closer look at Dave's

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Take a closer look at Dave's

I see the side panels are gone but that's the only photo I have of it, is more missing ..... would have thought someone would strip everything from the front fenders back, down to the frame.... just leaving the floor pan and driver seat ......

The back end is a parachute with a huge negative pressure zone .......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I think it is just the side panels / mud flaps and he may have removed his splitter

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I was planning on running my streamliner nose... But @rabtech said it was only fair to keep them looking like slingshots to be able to prove who had the Fastest SlingShot.... so he is the one who set the parameters for how we would run.

Basically, all three of us had Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials, adjustable shocks, removed rear splash aprons, Dave@DDM did have his front side panels gone. Then I removed my mirrors, full size windshield and put in my single bubble windshield, and for the last three runs, I did remove my hood scoop and my seat cushion.

Areo wise, we were basically all the same due to front fenders and spoilers and hood setups. I'd think @rabtech would agree with me that hissetup was by far the heaviest due to all of the electronics and gizmos and stereo stuff he has... plus he is a plus size guy, Dave@DDM was by far the lightest and I was right in the middle.

But I think in this style of LSR, weight is not a negative as much as it is in 1/4 mile drag racing since top speed is the game.