Slingshots Eggs N’ Ears Chicken Run (Sat, Nov 4th 2017, 9:00am - 3:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Eggs N’ Ears Chicken Run

Sat, Nov 4th 2017, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm

170 Delco Plaza, Winchester, VA 22602, USA

Participants

11 participants, 41 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Nov 4th 2017, 5:00 pm
  • I use an app called “Speedcheck” - you can find out the download & upload speed of any internet provider you’re logged onto.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• If it was running, why did you leave it. You could still be riding while you are waiting on the parts. Recall does not take 3 + weeks for anything. Something wrong somewhere.

It was running, but I had to leave it for it to be repaired. I needed to have the RFI filter (under the tail fin - the power for the tail fin brake lights run through it to reduce radio interference) replaced because the module was bad.

• your upload speeds are usually much slower then download.

Like me i get 250mbps down but only like 12-15 mbps upload.

Wifi is also a factor as upload and download speeds degrade quickly with distance. Even sitting right next to your router, wireless speed will be noticably less than max. If you're on a wireless network, plug directly into your router with a network cable and try the speed test again. It will make a huge difference.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Wifi is also a factor as upload and download speeds degrade quickly with distance. Even sitting right next to your router, wireless speed will be noticably less than max. If you're on a wireless network, plug directly into your router with a network cable and try the speed test again. It will make a huge difference.

good point.

Unless you're running a mid range AC router or better. I agree with Jason.

• You just have to get on the right network...

Yeah, that seems to be a popular one. I see it just about wherever I go. ;)

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Yeah, that seems to be a popular one. I see it just about wherever I go. ;)

Is that because you’re this guy?! :D

“I've disconnected my home alarm system and de-registered from the Neighborhood Watch.
    I've got two Pakistani flags raised in the front yard, one at each corner, and the black flag of ISIS in the center.
    The local police, sheriff, FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Secret Service and other agencies are all watching the house 24/7. I've never felt safer and I am saving $49.95 a month.”

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Is that because you’re this guy?! :D

“I've disconnected my home alarm system and de-registered from the Neighborhood Watch.
    I've got two Pakistani flags raised in the front yard, one at each corner, and the black flag of ISIS in the center.
    The local police, sheriff, FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Secret Service and other agencies are all watching the house 24/7. I've never felt safer and I am saving $49.95 a month.”

No, but that is a creative way to save a few bucks. Since my wife is on our townhome HOA board, I could run it up the flag pole (pun intended), but I doubt she'd go for it. You know how draconian those HOA people can be. :whistling: And don't even get me started about dealing with the Architectural Committee... submitting proposals, get signatures from all the neighbors, and God knows what else... ;)

― Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Gadgeteer ().

• Put together another little video from our Chicken ride with @Jdin

Deer in the road

https://youtu.be/VJzn3uhffIc

Nice video.

Funny story, I was watching it with sound, and Everett came up and said, "Is that a plane?" (Just hearing the sound)

I said, "No, buddy, it's a Sling."

He said, "Oh. Whose?"

"Mr. Tom."

"Mr. Tom?"

"Yes, Mr. Tom, from our old house. (Because we have a Mr. Tom here, @Bubblehead.) You remember Mr. Tom, and Miss Joan?"

"Yes, and Mr. John. Mr. Tom and Mr. John. ( @V-SHOT )

"Yes, buddy, Mr. Tom and Mr. John. Good job remembering."

"Mr. Tom, with the wing?"

Me, confused: "Huh?"

The 4 yo, patiently, "Mr. Tom has a wing on the back of his Slingshot."

Keep in mind, we don't have a wing on ours, soit's not a huge discussion point for us. I was flabbergasted that he remembered. Anyway, @av8ingtom, I thought you'd get a kick out of that.

• thanks for sharing. We miss seeing the kids, Heather, and even you. Need to do a get together soon.

• Dang! That is a lot more than I was guessing. Go team!

I can't thank everyone enough helping the kids out like this.

We are the only club in the county that can say we had international assistant in fund raising :)

Does anyone here have issues with their pictures showing up on the club's Facebook page if you happen to be in one?

• What is Facebook?

International assistance? How about interplanetary? Beside the obvious, @KayTwo, @MACAWS, @V-SHOT, many of us, err..., many of the other crew members are not Earthlings.

So glad this came together for you! Let's do it again in the Spring, being a little more mindful of the chance of torrential rain.

-e, aka Exigius 12½