Hurricane Irma

• So , is it safe to say, as the radar seems to show, the eye has moved north of Cape Coral already ?

Yes it was correct.
    All the prayers were the answer, nothing else could have saved our community. We didn't lose power. This was no ordinary hurricane, it was the mother of them and to get spared can be nothing but a miracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hey Bill Martin! It seems this snowbird won't need to take advantage of your offer of assistance on an insurance claim. In spite of my house having the eye go overhead (Zephyrhills), according to my onsite friends, I do not have any damage!!!! And I think that is just fine. It absolutely means a winter of SS rides rather than one of house/property repairs!! Or fighting with my insurance company.

• Family OK but community took some serious damage and flooding as center of eye passed over while still strong (125mph). Our house only lost pool cage and fence so we were lucky. Ironic that we had 2 families stay with us from mandatory evacuation zones that got no damage or even lost power. Nice part is they now invited us to stay with them. Power out here with estimate of 9/22 for restoration. I've got a power line down in my backyard along with my neighbors oak tree. Very limited cell coverage but figured I'd check in.

• Has anybody heard from @FunCycle is he okay, any damage? I have tried to reach him and his phone goes straight to voice mail which is full

A little wind and a bunch of water but no damage. I never use voice mail for me or leave one for anyone else. If you do not talk to me you just have to keep calling until yo do. That "is" what a telephone is for.(TALKING).

• Family OK but community took some serious damage and flooding as center of eye passed over while still strong (125mph). Our house only lost pool cage and fence so we were lucky. Ironic that we had 2 families stay with us from mandatory evacuation zones that got no damage or even lost power. Nice part is they now invited us to stay with them. Power out here with estimate of 9/22 for restoration. I've got a power line down in my backyard along with my neighbors oak tree. Very limited cell coverage but figured I'd check in.

Hey Tom
    I am down here by myself if u need a place to stay. I have power

• Traffic of Floridians coming back on I 75 and I 95 has been brutal. Safe travels!

OMG. That's an understatement. It took me 14 hrs to get back from Atlanta. I normally do it in 8hrs. That was Monday from 5pm till 7am Tuesday. I thought I would beat the traffic especially at night. It was bumper to bumper several times and u can forget about using an exit. No power most of way down and everyone had gas cans strapped to their cars. Lucky I have diesel RAM gets 28mpg. I can do it in one tank but I did take extra to be sure. The rest areas didn't have power either. Glad to get home and went to bed.

• Power came back on yesterday afternoon, so Mrs FLipr is happy, the AC is working now.
    But going out to eat was good reason to ride in the SS.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• As if Houston's assault by Harvey wasn't bad enough, Florida had to deal with Irma. Now they have this hurricane Jose that doesn't know what to do and heads west, then north, makes a double u-turn and heads up the East coast. The weather channel is now following the "potential" for two more storms that have developed off the coast of Africa and is heading West. After Jose, they are saying that another storm is starting to gain strength, but it's still on the land in Africa and is too early to predict the path and strength. WTF? 6 potential hurricanes in 6 weeks? At this point I'm starting to wonder if being destroyed by a hurricane is worse than being attacked by a crazy SOB from Korea.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• As if Houston's assault by Harvey wasn't bad enough, Florida had to deal with Irma. Now they have this hurricane Jose that doesn't know what to do and heads west, then north, makes a double u-turn and heads up the East coast. The weather channel is now following the "potential" for two more storms that have developed off the coast of Africa and is heading West. After Jose, they are saying that another storm is starting to gain strength, but it's still on the land in Africa and is too early to predict the path and strength. WTF? 6 potential hurricanes in 6 weeks? At this point I'm starting to wonder if being destroyed by a hurricane is worse than being attacked by a crazy SOB from Korea.

It's been a while since we had a hurricane season like this

Ever make you think that someone has figured out how to spin off an atmospheric condition in Africa to cause huricance conditions?