cornering - Slingshot vs 4

• I have C3, C4,C5 & a C6 Corvettes. The Turbo Sling will out perform all except the C5 Z06.

when you say "out perform" are you talking about cornering or power - - - - or both?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you didnt have the turbo do you still think the slingshot could keep up in the corners?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you didnt have the turbo do you still think the slingshot could keep up in the corners?

The only advantage to being boosted is in the straights
    A bone stock Sling could keep up in the corners - Just ask anyone who has run with @FunCycle or @Dogs or @BlackDeath

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'm NA and not a skilled driver. I can tell you i went from taking 30mph corners at 50/55 with JRI coilovers to an upgraded sway bar, links, and strut bar to hitting those suckers at 65/70 with the Slingshot staying level and connected to the road without a single tire squealing .... Love me some curves even more now

• The only advantage to being boosted is in the straightsA bone stock Sling could keep up in the corners - Just ask anyone who has run with @FunCycle or @Dogs or @BlackDeath

That is the god's honest truth. A couple of the heaviest-footed turbos I know couldn't keep up with @Dogs in the twisties around Murphy last fall. It was a sight to behold, truly impressive.

• The Corvette is always the car we like to compare to in cornering. What I can tell you is a Spec Miata on a course with a lot of turns beats the Corvette most of the time if there are no straight aways where the power comes into play. An on ramp I used to be able to take at 68 MPH in the Miata I now take at 82 MPH.
    If the sling has shocks, sway bar, and good tires, there are not many cars that can stay with that cost under 100,000.
    I would put @FunCycle up against any car you choose, especially on a tight course.

• I would put @FunCycle up against any car you choose, especially on a tight course.

and if he is behind you. You will know it - his face fills your rear view mirror!
    best of all you can count on him to not do anything stupid!
    I would run wit him anywhere any time

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• The only advantage to being boosted is in the straightsA bone stock Sling could keep up in the corners - Just ask anyone who has run with @FunCycle or @Dogs or @BlackDeath

Well I have ran with multiple people with a turbo, supercharger and *cough* Tango in the Beast V8 and I have yet to find anyone I couldn't pull away from in the turns. I have JRI 2 ways and only this year at the Smokies I upgraded my swaybar, I still have the stock links, that allowed me to run softer and still have less body roll. I will run against anyone :thumbsup:

There those who have skill and can make anything they touch fast and then there is the rest of us( 99%)who struggle to roll a ball downhill.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• There those who have skill and can make anything they touch fast and then there is the rest of us( 99%)who struggle to roll a ball downhill.

You own one of the best handling things on the planet - find a nice twisty section of road and run it over and over again until you find your marks. Keep your hands light on the wheel and look for the shortest way thru. You will be very surprised how easy it is.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Simple inexpensive upgrades can make a world of difference. I have gone to Nitto tires (slightly wider all the way around) replaced the stock coils with QA1 coils that dropped the SlingShot by about 1". I haven't replaced the shocks yet and for the $120 cost for the coil change out don't see a need to spend the big money just yet. I did have to cut down the height of the rear cleavis because the rear coil is still stock.
    I also upgrade the front sway bar bushings with polyurethane as well as drilled the stock sway bar link mounting points 3/4" forward to stiffen it by about 20%. The tires were the expensive part but we'll worth it. @FunCycle and I were having a good time up until the little event he had. I was very pleased with the results .... Big bang for the bucks.... :thumbsup:
    Point being it is relatively easy to improve the handling dramatically with little effort... And yes I'm still N/A.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• You own one of the best handling things on the planet - find a nice twisty section of road and run it over and over again until you find your marks. Keep your hands light on the wheel and look for the shortest way thru. You will be very surprised how easy it is.

As long as it's dry land.

RNJ12

• Simple inexpensive upgrades can make a world of difference. I have gone to Nitto tires (slightly wider all the way around) replaced the stock coils with QA1 coils that dropped the SlingShot by about 1". I haven't replaced the shocks yet and for the $120 cost for the coil change out don't see a need to spend the big money just yet. I did have to cut down the height of the rear cleavis because the rear coil is still stock.
    I also upgrade the front sway bar bushings with polyurethane as well as drilled the stock sway bar link mounting points 3/4" forward to stiffen it by about 20%. The tires were the expensive part but we'll worth it. @FunCycle and I were having a good time up until the little even he had. I was very pleased with the results .... Big bang for the bucks.... :thumbsup:
    Point being it is relatively easy to improve the handling dramatically with little effort... And yes I'm still N/A.

What size tires did you end up going with?

RNJ12

I also upgrade the front sway bar bushings with polyurethane as well as drilled the stock sway bar link mounting points 3/4" forward to stiffen it by about 20%. The tires were the expensive part but we'll worth it. @FunCycle and I were having a good time up until the little even he had. I was very pleased with the results .... Big bang for the bucks.... :thumbsup:

QA-1's set at 2 around home and 5 or 6 in the twisties. I forgot to change them up on the last trip and I could really tell the difference. --- DDM sway bar --- RRR Radiator support bar --- BFG Comp 2 all around (Not A/S)

• QA-1's set at 2 around home and 5 or 6 in the twisties. I forgot to change them up on the last trip and I could really tell the difference. --- DDM sway bar --- RRR Radiator support bar --- BFG Comp 2 all around (Not A/S)

Now them are some stick to the pavement shoes............

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!