Looking to Enter the Game

• Just test drove my first slingshot...OMG. I'm hooked and looking to purchase the "mid-life crisis" vehicle. I am open to suggestions from owners or other seekers. I'm thinking of the SL model as I'm not sure the SLR gives that much more for the extra money. Any help to make a wise decision would be awesome. A lot of money for a toy, but what fun it is to ride!

Jbos8

DriveMind Group, An Educational Think Tank
    Ohio Construction Academy, Unique Trades High School

• I would want to modify it. I think a roof system makes sense from elements. Other than that, would just look for mods that helped to make it shine! Not too much, then you get in the gaudy level.

• The dealer I visited, I believe would be a good group to work with. He suggested waiting until the release tomorrow and see what happens to the pricing of the 2017...so will wait a bit.

• Thank you for the suggestion! I guess I like the windshield, the back up cam, and the radio options that the SL provides. But maybe I'm thinking too much.

• Just test drove my first slingshot...OMG. I'm hooked and looking to purchase the "mid-life crisis" vehicle. I am open to suggestions from owners or other seekers. I'm thinking of the SL model as I'm not sure the SLR gives that much more for the extra money. Any help to make a wise decision would be awesome. A lot of money for a toy, but what fun it is to ride!

Jbos8

There are a lot of low/almost no mileage Slingshots out there (used) with a few mods. If you are looking on saving some money. Two screaming deals just went down in the last 2 weeks. There is a Blue/white local here with 200 miles on it but no mods. She wants $21,000 for it and says no less.

• The MeanSling top is the way to go.

I personally would recommend the base model unless the SL is the color you have to have. With the base add a stereo then coil overs then tires then exhaust then go where you heart takes ya

• You all are awesome! Yes, I have looked on Craigslist and have found various items to think about. I have NEVER had any luck buying used, but can def. save money! I appreciate the roof system suggestion. I'll put it on the list.

Color has been tough...I think the black and orange is sharp, but getting a lot of grief from buds...black they say...but want some color...lol.

• You all are awesome! Yes, I have looked on Craigslist and have found various items to think about. I have NEVER had any luck buying used, but can def. save money! I appreciate the roof system suggestion. I'll put it on the list.

Color has been tough...I think the black and orange is sharp, but getting a lot of grief from buds...black they say...but want some color...lol.

I am talking about people that we have on the forum, not unknowns. But good luck in finding what you want. My 2 cent buying new get the base and go from there with what you want to add as MODS.

Take a look around in the gallery and the members build section
    Lots of great ideas and plenty of DIY projects that will save you money.
    And you have over 1200 people here that will help answer any questions you have.

But beware of the infamous @Tripod

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thank you everyone! The search in underway! I'm glad to be a part of the forum and will use it wisely to help as I move forward! As I get to know some of you...will have some fun! Thanks again!