Track Day Roebling Road Raceway (Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

1135 Roebling Road Bloomingdale, GA 31302

Participants

7 participants, 55 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Oct 31st 2017, 11:00 pm
  • Super special thanks to Wrenchman,

his son and @MACAWS brother ( yes the same one that painted the Lone Wolf) for taking care of this and saving my day!
    Had it out, welded and back on in less than 1 hour!

My Son was very proud and happy to be a part of the help and festivities of the day.
    So glad to get you back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• made it home after I decided to drive to Savannah, get to the track fifteen minutes before the SlingShots were going back on track and say to myself " Self, it would be a good idea to go on the track vwith no practice, no preparation and against doctors and Susi's orders"....... What possibly could go wrong?

Well after 1 warm-up lap... I spin into the inside grassy area, but no damage. So went back out onto track... Two laps later.....pushing harder than I should, the rear snaps around and I'm heading into a ditch with a culvert. It's amazing how much can go through your mind as you are barreling towards a culvert at a high rate of speed..... Things like "Damn... This is gonna hurt", "How come I had to be this stupid", "Susi is gonna Kill me!", "Oh... There are tires in the culvert, maybe this won't hurt too bad.", and then I hit the tires, flew through the air about 10 feet and landed way way softer than I should have. Some bent brackets, broken plastic.... But no really bad damage.... Drove her home and Will survey the total bike later this week. So the lesson here? Don't be a Dumbass like me.... Take track days seriously and do your prep work first.

That sounds like it could have been a lot worse...Just glad your okay.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• @MACAWS did we get any info on our track times. Would like to know how we stacked up to what normally rack there.

If I did everything correctly with the Garmin Virb software
    Last session that Augie ran was
    Bestlap 1.31.244
    Topspeed 126mph

Formula V - 1.21
    BMW 1.24

I think DDM and the Yellow Flash had a run closet to the BMW time but you would have to check with him

Pretty impressive overall for weird looking 3 wheel 4 cylinder - things

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• yes not bad. Those we're all new M series BMWs as well.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Zach had some 1:24 times, I think he had one lap in the 1:23 range, the best I had was in the 1:25, topping out at 132mph. Zach will be here tomorrow night and we will get the videos posted then :)

Once again, thanks to @MACAWS for doing all of the work behind the scenes to get this event put together, we had a great time, it was a fantastic group out there running, can't wait until the next one!

I actually just checked and the new Slingshot record for Roebling Road is 1:22:85 ;)

• made it home after I decided to drive to Savannah, get to the track fifteen minutes before the SlingShots were going back on track and say to myself " Self, it would be a good idea to go on the track vwith no practice, no preparation and against doctors and Susi's orders"....... What possibly could go wrong?

Well after 1 warm-up lap... I spin into the inside grassy area, but no damage. So went back out onto track... Two laps later.....pushing harder than I should, the rear snaps around and I'm heading into a ditch with a culvert. It's amazing how much can go through your mind as you are barreling towards a culvert at a high rate of speed..... Things like "Damn... This is gonna hurt", "How come I had to be this stupid", "Susi is gonna Kill me!", "Oh... There are tires in the culvert, maybe this won't hurt too bad.", and then I hit the tires, flew through the air about 10 feet and landed way way softer than I should have. Some bent brackets, broken plastic.... But no really bad damage.... Drove her home and Will survey the total bike later this week. So the lesson here? Don't be a Dumbass like me.... Take track days seriously and do your prep work first.

Track day is serious business. I don't mow the grass ( @TheRock ) , I don't eat dirt, I don't visit culverts, and I don't wreck. I also don't pass anybody, yet. I am at peace with that. Job #1 is to live to track another day. I love track day!

Culverts are under the road surface, so I am a bit puzzled by that part of the report.

Big thumbs up to all those that posted. Wish I could have posted, but I couldn't. Tracked a bit north 3x this year, grinning from ear to ear. Good clean fun.

• I had a blast. Some what ashamed to say that this was my first real track day event, but pushed it as hard as I felt comfortable doing. @FunCycle and I had a great time and keeping up with him will always test your nerve and skills. So much so that I did find myself off into the grass out of turn 9. Took the recommendation from our sponsor and just let it drift into the grass rather than to correct at that spot (lots of marks along the inside concrete wall to prove his point). Because mine sits a tab lower and has a splitter up front the bumps and speed in the grass netted me a damaged lower splitter and wing. Was able to scrape around the track and pit. Missed one session but had it repaired and ready to go. Keep telling myself that I was going to redesign them anyway... :00000019:
    Here it is after the repairs and the front splitter removed. Did damage the body work and subframe to have to order replacements. Shouldn't be that bad.

First....Glad your ok....

NOW...
    What happened is it saw green grass and the Honda's natural instinct kicked in..... You landed soft because the blades on the mower deck were spinning... :D:D

@'StickerDick what would I do without you buddy..... :00000024: Don't hurt yourself or the SS....

Just duct tape the cracked plastic. And get well... I will see ya in Ocala at the 1/2 mile....... :00008698:

• But at least he showed up and tried!
    Just Sayin!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!