Disapointing experince with vendors

• I have dealt with many of the vendors. Some good some bad. I now go through the vendors that sell many different products, Slingmods and CycleSprings, both have excellent reputations and have been very good with customer service. I know I pay more thru them, but I have a good relationship and often am given discounts (without asking). They also go to bat for me with their suppliers.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• @SilverCarbon did this ever get resolved??

Technically this original rant was about more than one vendor actually several.

I will say I am in full communication with one of them and very happy with progress. I do not suspect any further delay and looking forward to finalizing that project.

However, One of them I gave up on and already bought from another vendor. I'm not gonna call him out on it. But, He is on here and he will probably see this post. He will probably go oh crap...he wanted to buy wheels.

There is another vendor after a couple calls, repeated emails and Private messages online. Notta. Today I copied and pasted my emails into a message to him. Trying to get something out of him. He read the message and responded. He said he was getting the info to me right then and to email me. That was Hours ago. Now nothing. Sad thing is our conversation started over a month ago. I still have zero price and specific specs on the project we were discussing. Gosh a month! I physically wanted this part of the project done already. Totally could have been done. But can you imagine if he got me all the info today, I would be very reluctant to pay upfront. I might never get the project done. I hope he responds. Maybe he will see this. He would need to give me a guarantee complete/ship date, for me to go forward with it.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• I've only just picked up on this thread.
    Like many of our family I'm very pleased with the service given to me on a number of occasions now by SlingMods and can't praise them enough for the efforts that they have made with international sales to the UK.

However if you are following the UK_PAUL build & other adventurers thread,
    UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -
    then you will be able to see Polaris Britain doing a dam good job at letting themselves down, right now. This part of the company was once right on with customer service. It is starting to look like they are now starting to slack a little too much. I'm getting very upset with the lack of responce from them back to my SS distributor and then, in addition, some months ago I asked them a question (also through the distributor) the responce that came back was the same question phrased in a diferant way, to me.

So it's not just the independent vendors. Polaris can be just as bad at times.

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 3 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Just an update. I'm thinking we are finally on track with my project.
    Will see come Friday. If things work out as promised there should be some very interesting developments coming to life in the next few weeks!
    There is most probably going to be some build posts coming soon, of which will be exciting to many slingshot enthusiasts.
    Bill Hahn (Hahn Racecraft) has some interesting things up his sleeve....

Powered by Hahn Racecraft BFB Motor, Stage V Turbo, Street Race Manifold w/ Port Fueler. WHP 4++ LOADED!! :WHITESS:

• Technically this original rant was about more than one vendor actually several.
    I will say I am in full communication with one of them and very happy with progress. I do not suspect any further delay and looking forward to finalizing that project.

However, One of them I gave up on and already bought from another vendor. I'm not gonna call him out on it. But, He is on here and he will probably see this post. He will probably go oh crap...he wanted to buy wheels.

There is another vendor after a couple calls, repeated emails and Private messages online. Notta. Today I copied and pasted my emails into a message to him. Trying to get something out of him. He read the message and responded. He said he was getting the info to me right then and to email me. That was Hours ago. Now nothing. Sad thing is our conversation started over a month ago. I still have zero price and specific specs on the project we were discussing. Gosh a month! I physically wanted this part of the project done already. Totally could have been done. But can you imagine if he got me all the info today, I would be very reluctant to pay upfront. I might never get the project done. I hope he responds. Maybe he will see this. He would need to give me a guarantee complete/ship date, for me to go forward with it.

@SilverCarbon I really don't mean this to sound like I'm being an ass towards you, cuz that truly isn't how I intend this, but... If you aren't going to call them out, what's the point of even mentioning it here? The problem that I see, is that our fellow Slingers may potentially go through the same heartache and grief because right now, the less than honest vendor is a mystery. The point isn't to gossip or create a mob, but to prevent our fellow Slingers from having to take the same undesired proverbial shaft that you already have taken.

• @TheRock I am glad you said it, I wanted to but didn't want to ruffle any feathers which i tend to do with my inability to "sugar coating" things.

If you have a problem with a vendor whether they are a sponsor or not on this site you should feel free to call them out when they have failed to meet "your" expectations(within reason).

If you are not willing to call them out so they can publicly respond/post their side(there are always 2 sides on a coin)this post might as well not exist, since it serves no purpose and is just useless scuttlebutt.

You should have done like @shortremover who came out swinging and straight up called Bill Hahns out and now has his problem solved but everyone knows about the way Bill Hahns treated him and if a fellow slinger decides to buy from him they have been warned and knows what to expect.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• @SilverCarbon I really don't mean this to sound like I'm being an ass towards you, cuz that truly isn't how I intend this, but... If you aren't going to call them out, what's the point of even mentioning it here?

Yes we have now, perhaps, reached a point after 10 days, or more, of discussion on the subject, when names should be named.

After all if any of us were waiting the same 10+ days aftet an estimated or promised delivery (and it appears you have been holding on much, much longer than that, for a lot more than a simple delivery) then it may be time to pass an appropriate comment.

• Well, slingshot only has pissed me off once again. I wanted something, jumped on their site and did a "live" chat with a sales rep. All I wanted was a discount code, or if they had one for an order. They said someone will contact me shortly. REALLY????? I was on a live chat with a sales rep! They can't give it to me? Well, after waiting, with no responds, I'm done and will never order from them again. I've always been treated like a second or third class person with them. Some of you guys love them, guess my money isn't good enough, or I'm not spending enough. My order was about $400 plus

• Well, slingshot only has pissed me off once again. I wanted something, jumped on their site and did a "live" chat with a sales rep....

I wonder if the "Live chat" was just with one of those call centres that handel many diferant companies and then pass on appropriate questions to the actual dealers. I have experienced this many times before (not with items for my SS, but completely diferant items) the live chat looks great, professional and gives an impression of a large company, sitting waiting to help but in practice this is sometimes not the case. I note that I'm sitting in Europe, with a large time difference between us and the US, but live chat always pops up, (even during the small hours, in the US) I doubt that the company actually has a staff member sitting waiting at 03:30 hrs for my call.

Interestingly:
    I asked them to come back too me after asking a question of them (via live chat) and I never even received a reply. Perhaps they should review the way they use live chat, as due to this, they missed an order for approximately $3K USD - Therfore, I then happily placed my order with SlingMods and they totaly missed out on the sale.

• I wonder if the "Live chat" was just with one of those call centres that handel many diferant companies and then pass on appropriate questions to the actual dealers. I have experienced this many times before (not with items for my SS, but completely diferant items) the live chat looks great, professional and gives an impression of a large company, sitting waiting to help but in practice this is sometimes not the case. I note that I'm sitting in Europe, with a large time difference between us and the US, but live chat always pops up, (even during the small hours, in the US) I doubt that the company actually has a staff member sitting waiting at 03:30 hrs for my call.
    Interestingly:
    I asked them to come back too me after asking a question of them (via live chat) and I never even received a reply. Perhaps they should review the way they use live chat, as due to this, they missed an order for approximately $3K USD - Therfore, I then happily placed my order with SlingMods and they totaly missed out on the sale.

I can assure you the SlingMods Live Chat feature is not one of those call centers and is actually run by me, while i'm in the office and sometimes during the weekend as well. It's actually a pretty cool and great feature, for not only us... but for your guys as well! Anytime you need anything Paul, you have my direct work email, which I always check. Anyone on here is welcome to email me directly with any questions or concerns at will[at sign]slingmods.com << cloaked for web crawlers! :)

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

Edited once, last by slingmods ().

• Hey Will.

I think we have our lines crossed somewhere. (Probhably my mistake).

I have nothing but praise for the way SlingMods has performed!!!

It was the other company that I was referring to, in my posting. I am VERY VERY SORRY if it was misinterpreted by anyone as a complaint about SlingMods. It was not intended as that. I must qualify this by stating again that I have only recived a GREAT SERVICE from SlingMods and they have NEVER let me down.

Please accept any misunderstanding as a mistake (probhably in the way I phase things).

Edited 2 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• I understood it as you attempted placing an order with another company, they screwed the pooch and Slingmods got your business instead! I could see how someone might misunderstand your comments, but I think they were relatively clear.

• I understood it as you attempted placing an order with another company, they screwed the pooch and Slingmods got your business instead! I could see how someone might misunderstand your comments, but I think they were relatively clear.

That's it!

SlingMods performed well.
    The other company failed.

• I'm glad the op had a positive outcome. It appears the thread was used as a threat to the vendor without burning a bridge and with no benefit to other members on the forum. Since the ploy seems to have worked we run the risk of similar threads in the future.
    IMO, every effort should be made via direct communication with a vendor before even considering a negative thread. Obviously you can threaten a negative posting in one on one conversations with the vendor. If no progress made then nothing wrong with posting FACTS. I feel that this type of thread does a disservice to ALL vendors as members are left guessing as to who the bad guy is and are less apt to spend big bucks with someone before figuring out who the perp is. Think how you would personally feel if you forked over 2K to same vendor and had same issue after a post like this. In issues that can't be resolved with normal communication, I think we all would have preferred to see specifics from both customer and vendor to help with future purchasing decisions. Just my 2 cents on what might be a better way to handle in future.

This post was a rant. I was going to leave it at that. However, it turned into more of a discussion and I have every right to post what I feel I would like.

First of all. I run a small business in a niche industry as do these vendors who sell to the Slingshot Niche. I learned really quickly long ago, if you sell something you should follow up on quickly to inquires and especially not avoid those customers who have paid you.

This post was in general my experience with Several vendors. This rant came about because of many contacts before posting a rant with Phone Calls, Emails, Text Messages, Contact though Social Media Private Message. Most people would have gave up and moved on to the next vendor after getting ignored the first time. It was not just one experience with one vendor. This rant was in frustration of those who have poor communication of progress of a project or money spent or wanting to spend with credit card in hand.

Out of the 3 Main Vendors.

One has been in full communication with me and I am not going to put them on blast as they explained themselves to me and I feel we are on right track to completing the project. I will keep yall updated as it pans out.

Second, I had inquired to and followed up with and never got pricing. I went ahead and bought form another wheel supplier. No big deal as there is thousands of people who sell wheels.

Third one....As I described above in a comment. That Vendor horrible communication. I did get a reply again after my last update and he just simply said he is busy. However, in the first conversation he said he had two in stock. Which he is the only one that I know makes this sort of modification. This is why I am forced to wait till he gets his act together. By his own admission to me he says he is having trouble keeping up because can not find talent to grow his business. (I can sympathize with this). However, at least replying to email or calling someone back with an update on when they can get me pricing would be the least I would expect. Ultimately, I do worry that if I put him on blast on here. He will never want to wrap up this project with me and I will be stuck with no option. This is why I hesitate to list the person and company name.

So to finalize, Every Vendor should take this as a lesson that they should follow up with customers. That is super important.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• @SilverCarbon I really don't mean this to sound like I'm being an ass towards you, cuz that truly isn't how I intend this, but... If you aren't going to call them out, what's the point of even mentioning it here? The problem that I see, is that our fellow Slingers may potentially go through the same heartache and grief because right now, the less than honest vendor is a mystery. The point isn't to gossip or create a mob, but to prevent our fellow Slingers from having to take the same undesired proverbial shaft that you already have taken.

I do not think that was being an ass. I am giving these vendors a chance to follow up. It was more a RANT. Check out the reply I just posted above. It might give you some more insight to the situation and update. The problem is far from being resolved.

I am taking my time to put them on blast as that was not the intention of this post. However, I am doing my part to follow up with questions the replies may have.

However, if anyone else has issues with vendors as I do and if they choose to put the vendors on blast on here in reply to this post. By all means they should if they feel they want to.