Looking for brighter headlights not satisfied with my Tric LEDs in there now??

• I bought slingmods tric LEDs for my slingshot and I just don't think they're that bright. The brights don't even hardly work it has this funky pattern when it shines can't even tell Bright's are on? I'm looking for advice to get something brighter and what company did you order them from if we're talking HID's or LEDs because when you look online there are so many companies out there selling these things of all different upgrades and ballast . I tried using the search function but when you type in headlights it pops up a bunch other junk. I definitely want something that's bright and is not going to burn my wiring up. So what do you guys got. I think the tric LED lumens are right around 3000 or 3300 I definitely want something more than this and that shines out farther than the stock or Current led. I just don't feel like I can see driving the slingshot sometimes because the lights don't shine out very far and the stock lights did the same thing.

• I got my LED front Grill light when I visited Alpha last year. I do a crap load of night driving in heavy deer populated countryside, so I want to be able to see. This thing lights up the ditches clear to the tree line on each side of the road. Vision ahead of me is an easy 1/2 mile, with signs reflecting back from way off in the distance.

I am still running factory headlights, on a Canadian Sling, so no center lights. Alpha rigged these right into the available wiring harness for the center lights so they come on and off with my high beams.

Yes, you need to be cautious of oncoming vehicles, and when approaching them, so kick in your lows early.

But, you will not be sorry you got them.

Polaris Slingshot LED Front Grille by Alpha Powersport

Best mod for someone who likes to drive at night, like me :)

• Ya, @supermoto292 I concur with you on this spot on!! I'm getting tired of people saying to me during the day " hey, I think you have a headlight out!" I thought the LED's would be more bright than they actually are. At this point, I think I may get the headlight switch so they can be turned off in the daylight. Night riding is OK. I have a ton of other light mods in front to be seen well during the day.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• On our first sling we did the Canadian lights with LED S from Noel in every spot. When we picked the second sling up I could not believe how bad the lights were. Our first mod for safety reasons was the Canadian with LED S again. This mod was a must.

I have the ones from Slingmods. Are the ones you have different? Cuz I'd buy those if they were significantly brighter than the ones I have now. They seriously at times, look like they are out. You have to walk around and change the angle of sight to them, to see the light during the day.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I have the ones from Slingmods. Are the ones you have different? Cuz I'd buy those if they were significantly brighter than the ones I have now. They seriously at times, look like they are out. You have to walk around and change the angle of sight to them, to see the light during the day.

The big difference is adding the Canadian lights then putting in the LED s. There is a way to reverse the pins on your outside lights that makes them function in high Beam mode all the time. I would only do this if you had LED s.

• I think I want to go HiDs which brand is your guys favorite and do I go with 35 W or step it up to the 55 W. I just saw the Morimoto HIDs I'm gonna check them out a little while.. any other brands out there I saw ddmworks

• I think I want to go HiDs which brand is your guys favorite and do I go with 35 W or step it up to the 55 W. I just saw the Morimoto HIDs I'm gonna check them out a little while.. any other brands out there I saw ddmworks

Morimoto baby! Not gonna blow one of those beast ballasts. You can check with them. I know they have some that are illegally bright. They'll tell you which wattage you want.

• I had HID lights in mine for the first year or so. I really liked them but I believe that I went through nine ballasts! I was never sure if I would have all lights when I needed them. Slingmods swapped them for LEDs. Haven't had an issue with them yet, but they're not as bright as the HIDs. But at least I have lights

• Hmmm, So I purchased the LED conversion kit from slingmods exactly a year ago and they're still sitting on my shelf. Was just going through installing 2 years worth of purchased mods and was scheduling these for this weekend. Surprising to know so some of you are unhappy with them. When you check on Slingmods site, they have nothing but praise!. I don't get it. @supermoto292, were they correctly aligned? I know you mentioned the high beam, but isn't the high beam just a louver of some kind that gets opened for High beam? Kinda worried about putting them on now. I kind of like @'MBMedic''s approach to the high beam issue. Think I'll try that, but not sure about the LED's now.

• The problem (In my opinion) coming from the Motorcycle World and dealing with this on a few bikes is that when you "Replace" a standard bulb with an LED you get a Super Bright Light when looking at it but it doesn't "Project Out" this is mostly because the housing / reflector isn't designed for the bulb. HIDs on the other hand are very similar to the original bulb do it takes advantage of the reflector and not only is it bright to look at but it is also projected out.

Some might argue that LED in general doesn't really cut the dark as well as conventional lights but that is debatable as I've seen some LED lights that throw off an insane amount of light.

I have an SLR with the Canadian Kit and have been pretty much talked out of upgrading to HIDs because of the Power Draw and potential issues with the wiring harness. I am sure / hopeful that someone will come out with something that we know will work without burning anything up.

• Well my LEDs have one LED on each side of the bulb I started looking at some really cool LEDs that throw the light off equally they actually shine forward into a reflector and then backwards so you get equal like 360° around the Bulb, mine only throws light off on each side so that's why it looks funky for when the highbeam door goes over the top of it. Been doing lots of research the last two days . I know to find good HiDs you don't go with the cheap ones that's why your ballast keep going out. I am going to look at those ones Cameron was talking about today they sound pretty nice and I know he's put them through the paces

• Hmmm, So I purchased the LED conversion kit from slingmods exactly a year ago and they're still sitting on my shelf. Was just going through installing 2 years worth of purchased mods and was scheduling these for this weekend. Surprising to know so some of you are unhappy with them. When you check on Slingmods site, they have nothing but praise!. I don't get it. @supermoto292, were they correctly aligned? I know you mentioned the high beam, but isn't the high beam just a louver of some kind that gets opened for High beam? Kinda worried about putting them on now. I kind of like @'MBMedic''s approach to the high beam issue. Think I'll try that, but not sure about the LED's now.

I am surprised that someone says they are not bright enough, i remember seeing @slingking review of them and he tested them at night and they seemed to project quite far and the beams had an acceptable shape to them.

Personally i only use HIDs from MORIMOTO • High Quality HID Projectors, Ballasts, and Bulbs i have kits from there that are going on ten years and never had a single ballast/bulb fail.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().