Anyone seen the slingshade in person?

• I remember @Noel Hughes mentioning that the roll hoops came with the new top. Let me see if I can find the remark.

Also read this on the Polaris site:
    What's Included

• Frame, two panels, two rear fins, and casted mounting structures

I believe that refers to the mounting structure (hardware), not the roll hoops. Remember that the top is designed for 2017 models which already have the different roll hoops designed to receive the Slingshade... You can see the "mounting structures" here:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• The hoops on the 2017's have mounting boss's for the Slingshade top. They are different than the 2015-2016 roll hoops. The 2017's appear to be smaller/thinner than the older ones. They should bolt right up to the chassis though. The #1 reason Polaris cannot say anything fits/mounts to the 2015/2016 models is because of weight. Legally those years are unable to add any accessories via Polaris. It's a regulation thing. Just like us dealers cannot tell you it's ok to add accessories... :whistling:

I saw the top last summer at the dealer meeting. Idea was cool. Made me think I was looking out the Space Shuttle window when looking up though. My .02 to Polaris was make the window 2-3 times as big or scrap it altogether. Fit an finish was far from final production quality. For $3k it better be WAY better than what's available from the aftermarket. :/

Me personally I will never run a top. Love the open air feeling and look. :thumbsup:

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• from an engineering standpoint I believe this is being developed outside of Polaris with a tier 1 supplier. They may have shown the first development prototypes last year and during testing found areas that needed to be reworked. I believe I know who the supplier is but without %100 confirmation I want say who it is. Needless to say they do not market direct to consumers. They are a tier 1 supplier to a large number of powersport manufacturers.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• from an engineering standpoint I believe this is being developed outside of Polaris with a tier 1 supplier. They may have shown the first development prototypes last year and during testing found areas that needed to be reworked. I believe I know who the supplier is but without %100 confirmation I want say who it is. Needless to say they do not market direct to consumers. They are a tier 1 supplier to a large number of powersport manufacturers.

They should have gone with that company in Suwannee Georgia. I've heard that they have great engineers that don't miss crap like that.

• @Joker256..... Nope, tier 1 is a bitch market to be in.... Lots of headaches and lower margins. You have to be set up the way this company is to make it work.

We have supplied FCA before and the hoops you are required to jump through is not worth it for the most part.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• If I can dish off my Bullet top I would go for a Gullwing..Bullet never came out with a hard top which was a reason I bought X/:|

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/