LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• If you leave your key on too long before you press the start button the ECU shuts off the electric assist steering to conserve battery power... Did you try shutting it off for a minute or two and give it another try ?

Well I didn't leave my key in it, I started it immediately as it hasn't ran in a month, and yes I also tried turning it off and restarting it.

• @MidcitiesNinja, the fuse box is under a black plastic cover next to the ECU. When you open your hood, it's up against the "firewall" right in front of the driver (above & to the rear of the brake master cylinder)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Woo Hoo, phone call today and all parts are in. Appointment set for next Thursday to get all my recall shit done.

Can't wait to get this out of the way so I can enjoy the riding season without this crap looming over head.

• @MidcitiesNinja, I learned quickly that my Slingshot likes to be completely booted up before moving the steering wheel. I can move it getting in, but once I turn the key I wait until it completely cycles and the gauges return to zero. Then I can move it. If I move it during boot up (even a little) it will most likely fault out and I lose power steering.

• @Painter do you powder coat and (I'm sure this is obvious) paint on the valve cover?

Or should I Powder Coat and then mail to you?

Don't powder coat here. You just can't compare the look of a quality painted cover with PC!

My custom valve covers and coil pack covers are done for Members on my "list" and that list is more than full! To get on that list, one must not only support this Forum Family but also be giving to members. Many have made it through requests from other members because of things done 'behind the scenes'.

I don't charge a dime for the covers as it is my way of giving back and paying forward and as of today, more than 75 have been gifted and I'm still running behind!

• Don't powder coat here. You just can't compare the look of a quality painted cover with PC!

My custom valve covers and coil pack covers are done for Members on my "list" and that list is more than full! To get on that list, one must not only support this Forum Family but also be giving to members. Many have made it through requests from other members because of things done 'behind the scenes'.

I don't charge a dime for the covers as it is my way of giving back and paying forward and as of today, more than 75 have been gifted and I'm still running behind!

Wow! Thank you for informing me. Your methods are very honorable! Others are already on the Gremlin Bell hand outs. Guess I'll have to move to free SS washes and waxes.. if that's already taken, i gotta move to giving my round body away :thumbup::D

• Wow! Thank you for informing me. Your methods are very honorable! Others are already on the Gremlin Bell hand outs. Guess I'll have to move to free SS washes and waxes.. if that's already taken, i gotta move to giving my round body away :thumbup::D

Sorry @Mateo.... @BONES already called dibbs on handing out free washes & waxes, and I'm first in line!!! :00007555:
    You're gonna have to think harder for something no one has dibbs on yet!! :00008356:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• STAND BY FOR A RANT AND RAVE BY YOURS TRULY!!!

I just got a call from my Dealer a little while ago. He politely informed me, his mechanic has to accomplish some extra work on my Sling in order to do some of the recall work. A lot of it has to do with moving the Welter Dual Rear Exhaust. WTF!?!?!? When I dropped off the Sling, I asked about the LEDs I have on the Swing Arm. I told them if they could just undo the 3M tape, I would bring some back (when I come back to pick up the Sling on Thursday) and just fix it myself. They said they would take care of that for no charge.
    Anyway, back to the original subject...
    Dealership calls me and says it is going to cast me $85 for the additional labor they have to expend on moving my "aftermarket" gear out of the way, so they can do the recall. They said they spoke with Polaris, and was told that the folks at Polaris would not cover that expense. The guy at my Dealership is a pretty stand-up kinda' guy. He gave me the number to Polaris Customer Service and told me to call them and explain the situation myself. He said he has seen this having more affect than the Dealership requesting compensation. In a nutshell, Polaris told me the same thing they told my Dealer. After a few choice words, I called the Dealership back. This is where it gets even better. The Dealership informed me to not even worry about the $85. They were going to absorb the cost of the Labor. This is why I keep coming back to the same Dealership!!!!
    Has anyone else had to deal with this type of issue????
    RANT officially over. You my now return to your regularly scheduled program.

• I guess I'll find out Friday, I got the call and all my parts are in also. I'll keep you all informed.
    I heard a couple of you mention offsetting the drive belt to take pressure of the bearings. How is this accomplished? I doubt my dealer will have a clue. I have the Welter Duals as well, that back piece should drop off there in a matter of minutes, no need to uninstall the entire length.

I'm also going to place a note on the dash that I will charge them $200.00 if they reflash my ECM! Fingers crossed, they said it would be ready Saturday morning.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• I have the Welter Dual and never heard a word from my dealer. I had already taken every thing off that I could take of including the belt guard.

• @V-SHOT

Damn... that is something I have been thinking about. Will dealers charge us additional cost or request we remove items prior for them to do the recall? This makes me a little ill to my stomach. Dang sorry brother...

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I have to say that is horse shit! I completely feel that Polaris should absorb those costs. It's there fault for putting out a product with parts that weren't properly QA'd prior to leaving the factory and being delivered to the customer. I know stuff happens, and they can't possibly be perfect, but at the end of the day, this is Polaris' issue to correct. Granted the replacement parts are no cost to us as Sling owners, but you don't get compensated for your time and ass pain of having to take it in and have the work done. Point is, Polaris should do the honorable thing and absorb those extra labor costs.