Forum Sold - But same Guys remain

• Really? They weren't SS owners? That just kinda blows me away, i had no idea

No they are "Polaris" guys. They also ran a Victory forum and an Indian forum - not sure if they sold those. They started the forum years ago and just waited for the payoff. The site was created when the Polaris Patent Drawings were posted in Feb 2013 - so they were definitely visionary in that regard though it was stated that Polaris started the project in 2010.

• It appears that the majority shareholder of Verticalscope is the same company that prints the Toronto Star newspaper. Obviously VS does make money as they said in the article I read that it made the media giant a profit. I also noticed on another website that we cannot say its name that @Tripod was the top poster last month not bad for part of a month. I wonder if they anyone is going to come close to spouting so much "knowledge" to the world on the unnameable website in the months to come?????????????????

• The prior month, March, I had 1251 posts "over there". This forum started on 4/9, I joined on 4/10. Ended up with 403 posts for the month of April "over there", the bulk of which were posted prior to the start of this forum - somehow ended up with Top Poster even with that low # - just shows that it's definitely going downhill. I still visit & post sometimes over there. There's the occasional rare nugget I like to bring over here plus having fun tormenting the admins by posting slingshotinfo.com pics.

:D:D:D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• It appears that the majority shareholder of Verticalscope is the same company that prints the Toronto Star newspaper.

"

• In 2015, Torstar acquired a 56% interest in VerticalScope. The total purchase price including transaction costs was $202 million. In October 2015, Torstar received a $22-million distribution from VerticalScope, as anticipated at the time of the closing, reducing the original investment to approximately $180 million..

Torstar has a 56% interest in VerticalScope, a leading North American vertically focused digital media company with expertise in programmatic advertising. The company owns and operates more than 600 consumer enthusiast online forums and premium content sites in verticals such as automotive, powersports, outdoors, home and health. VericalScope's sites in North America attract approximately 80 million unique visitors a month across desktop, mobile and tablet platforms as measured by Google Analytics. Torstar's interest in VericalScope represents a very important investment resulting from our objective to allocate meaningful capital to a high-growth opportunity.
    To learn more, visit the VerticaScope website.
    - See more at: http://www.torstar.com/html/ou….cfm#sthash.wMWrd1PT.dpuf "

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I will say that when I read that post I couldn't contain my smile. It was the best thing i had read in a long time. They will always get new members and they will always have some content. But they will never grow with real members. Maybe some people that find them threw a search engine or maybe they could create "bots" for members.

Again, this is my opinion and should be noted as such. I have to go now. I have to do my happy dance.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

:00000441::00000441::00000441::00000441::00002448::00002448::00008040::00008040::00000436:

• "Vertically focused" - LOL!!! That's subversive 'corporate-speak' meaning "We have the shaft so bend over, you unwashed masses!!!"

Or,

"The bulk of the $ earned goes vertically to the top man."

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I will say that when I read that post I couldn't contain my smile. It was the best thing i had read in a long time. They will always get new members and they will always have some content. But they will never grow with real members. Maybe some people that find them threw a search engine or maybe they could create "bots" for members.

Again, this is my opinion and should be noted as such. I have to go now. I have to do my happy dance.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dancer.gifDancer.gifach]

• The news is just entertaining it really doesn't matter to me or probably most of the Slingshotinfo members. Haven't logged in at that site in weeks. Hope all those vendors find their way over here.
    They did take the money and ran though.

Wow, I kinda feel a little taken by that other forum. I was taken in by all that SS and we talk. I thought they owned and road as we do...They made their money and left town after dark...Wow